Thursday, May 1, 2008

Flowers Bakery


Every day on the drive back to my house I am hit with a euphoric aroma as I take Hackberry over 15th street. Why? You ask because located on that corner is Flowers Bakery. I don’t know much about the company but the other day I heard that they had a store located on the premises where you could go and buy fresh baked goods. So on my way home from English I stopped and found the store. It’s called Flowers Food Discount Bakery and its right across the parking lot from Little Casers and an off campus bookstore. I went in and was a little disappointed at first because I was expecting gourmet baked goods (don’t ask why I just did), but instead I found generic loaves of bread that you can see on any grocery stores shelves. The thing that separates these loaves from those is the price. As you can probably tell from the name of the store everything in it costs well below what you would pay for it at a grocery store. The factory direct store is able to provide quality food at discounted prices to the lower income residents of Tuscaloosa and for that I applaud Flowers bakery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a pretty good deal!

Arlene,
Gig Harbor flowers

Joe Kennedy said...

i have a correction its across from papa johns not little ceasars

Nick said...

Dude I love driving by this place when they are baking something. It smells so good. I have always wondered if they actually sold stuff around here or if they just shipped it out.