Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ferg Art Display

Last Thursday when we went to the art display at the ferg the gravity of the works there didn’t really hit me all that hard. But a week later I can see how profound the works really are, it’s not because they are amazing works of art but rather because of what they represent. When I think of a stereotypical rape I think of some girl being accosted in a dark alley. But from the stories by the hearts it seems that in most cases the victim is abused by someone they know well. There were a few stories there that were horrifying to even read, especially the ones were the perpetrator were parents or siblings. It’s sad that we have to have these kinds of exhibits, but as long as abuse continues to happen people need to be educated about it. I tried to go back and take some pictures today but the exhibit is already closed.

1 comment:

Pat Hann Man said...

i agree, cant really say much else