Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Old Bryce


So last Saturday a group of us traveled to the old abandoned mental institution known simply as Old Bryce. I've been once before and it was still creepy as hell, right when you walk in you see a huge spray painted satan head with a swastika on his forehead. It’s like one day everyone just decided to get up and leave. There are still beds, mattresses, kitchen equipment, and papers everywhere among other things. I've heard that you can get in a lot of trouble with the police if they catch you there, I wonder if it has anything to do with the charred third floor that was supposedly set afire by trespassers? On the property there is also what looks like an old abandoned school, which is also creepy as hell. If you haven’t gone to Old Bryce I would definitely recommend it, to make it even better don’t bring a flashlight and just use your cell phones to get around.

7 comments:

Evan said...

Man I've been wanting to check that out. Did you go at night? Run into any hoboes? I hear they lurk there.

Joe Kennedy said...

yeah we went at about 4 am, no hobos but we did run into some kappa sigs

Evan said...

ha
yeah it sounds cool but i really dont feel like getting stabbed or arrested so i might hold off.

mollyanne700 said...

wow, I want to do that. Is it just unlocked? or did you break in? That sounds so scary! I love stuff like that!!

Joe Kennedy said...

there's no doors or windows so you just kinda walk in

Nick said...

I have always wanted to do this too. A couple of my friends went last semester and they said that it is really creepy, but neat. I'm gonna try and go next semester.

Sarah's EN103 Blog said...

That's so awesome. I love going to places like that... Even though I'm already terrified of the dark and have to sleep with a nightlight on. But my sis went the other night and I was SO jealous! I wish someone had invited me!