Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dance Alabama

On February 19th I went to Dance Alabama held in Morgan Hall. I went because I had to attened a cultural event for my GBA 145 class but I also went to see Leslie Trammell who is a friend of mine perform. Right when I got there I knew I wouldn’t like it; I thought tickets were free but it turns out that I had to pay nine dollars to get in. I had never been to a dance performance before so I had no idea what to expect, most of the dances were very strange and looked either hippy or very modern. The music was not bad at all some of the songs were by the Beatles and Radiohead among others. My favorite performance was “Moment 2 Reflect” which featured a live violinist who was amazing, once again the dancing was weird but the music was good. The very last dance was very interesting, the lights were turned out and black lights were put throughout the stage. Then dancers wearing black from head to toe with fluorescent strips of latex attached to them danced and ran around the room, it was very entertaining. I would recommend others to go to at least one dance performance, just to get a feel for it.

No comments: